- What is another name for documentation?
- What are the two types of documentation?
- What is the main purpose of documentation?
- What is proper documentation?
- What are the main types of documentation?
- How do you use documentation in a sentence?
- What is meant by documenting?
- What is effective documentation?
- How do you write documentation?
- What are 3 types of documents?
- What are the 4 kinds of documents?
- What is the main document?
What is another name for documentation?
What are the two types of documentation?
Types of documentation include:Requirements – Statements that identify attributes, capabilities, characteristics, or qualities of a system. … Architecture/Design – Overview of software. … Technical – Documentation of code, algorithms, interfaces, and APIs.More items…
What is the main purpose of documentation?
The purpose of documentation is to: Describe the use, operation, maintenance, or design of software or hardware through the use of manuals, listings, diagrams, and other hard- or soft-copy written and graphic materials.
What is proper documentation?
Proper documentation provides evidence of what has transpired as well as provides information for researching discrepancies. Supporting documentation may come in paper or electronic form. In recent years, more often, official supporting documentation has moved from paper based to electronic forms.
What are the main types of documentation?
The four kinds of documentation are:learning-oriented tutorials.goal-oriented how-to guides.understanding-oriented discussions.information-oriented reference material.
How do you use documentation in a sentence?
Documentation sentence examplesNo documentation to current day activity was listed. … Dean made no mention to Harrigan of his promise of more detailed documentation to Cynthia Byrne.More items…
What is meant by documenting?
1. a. A written or printed paper that bears the original, official, or legal form of something and can be used to furnish decisive evidence or information. b. Something, such as a recording or a photograph, that can be used to furnish evidence or information.
What is effective documentation?
Effective Documentation is a major sourcebook that offers technical writers, editors, teachers, and students of technical communication a wide variety of practical guidelines based on often hard to find research in the usability of printed and electronic media.
How do you write documentation?
Best practices for writing documentation:Include A README file that contains. … Allow issue tracker for others.Write an API documentation. … Document your code.Apply coding conventions, such as file organization, comments, naming conventions, programming practices, etc.Include information for contributors.More items…
What are 3 types of documents?
Common Types of DocumentsEmails.Business Letters.Business Reports.Transactional Documents.Financial Reports and Documents.
What are the 4 kinds of documents?
DocumentsPublic Document.Workplace Document.Consumer Document.Public Documents.Consumer Document.
What is the main document?
A main document contains the text and other items that remain the same in each label. A data source contains the information that changes in each label, such as the name and address of each recipient. … When you perform the mail merge, Word replaces merge fields in the main document with information from the data source.