- What is the smallest organ in the digestive system?
- What is the hardest working organ in your body?
- Which is the softest bone in human body?
- Which body part can only be found on humans?
- What organs can you live without?
- What is the heaviest organ in the human body?
- Are teeth harder than bones?
- How many organs are in the human body?
- What is the hottest organ of the human body?
- What is the strongest bone in the human body?
- What is the most useless body part?
- What is the smallest bone in human body?
- What is largest body organ?
- Can you live with no brain?
What is the smallest organ in the digestive system?
The small intestine is where most digestion takes place.
Food is broken down into smaller and smaller particles..
What is the hardest working organ in your body?
HeartHeart. Every cell in the body depends on this muscle, the body’s hardest-working organ.
Which is the softest bone in human body?
StapesStapesTA98A15.3.02.033TA2895FMA52751Anatomical terms of bone10 more rows
Which body part can only be found on humans?
Found only in humans, the hyoid bone is the only bone in the body that is not connected to any other, and is the foundation of speech. This horseshoe-shaped bone in the throat is situated between the chin and the thyroid cartilage.
What organs can you live without?
Here are some of the “non-vital organs”.Spleen. This organ sits on the left side of the abdomen, towards the back under the ribs. … Stomach. … Reproductive organs. … Colon. … Gallbladder. … Appendix. … Kidneys.
What is the heaviest organ in the human body?
liverThe largest solid internal organ is your liver. It weighs approximately 3–3.5 pounds or 1.36–1.59 kilograms and is about the size of a football. Your liver is located beneath your rib cage and lungs, in the upper right area of your abdomen.
Are teeth harder than bones?
1. Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the body. The shiny, white enamel that covers your teeth is even stronger than bone. This resilient surface is 96 percent mineral, the highest percentage of any tissue in your body – making it durable and damage-resistant.
How many organs are in the human body?
Altogether there are seventy-eight main organs within the human body. These organs work in coordination to give rise to several organ systems. Among these 78 organs, five organs are considered as vital for survival. These include the heart, brain, kidneys, liver and lungs.
What is the hottest organ of the human body?
LiverThe Liver -located on the right side of your body just above the stomach- that is considered the hottest in Temperature at average measures.
What is the strongest bone in the human body?
The femur bone is the longest and strongest bone in the body. Located in the thigh, it spans the hip and knee joints and helps maintain upright posture by supporting the skeleton. 2. The humerus bone is in the upper arm and spans the shoulder and elbow joints.
What is the most useless body part?
appendixThe appendix may be the most commonly known useless organ. While plant-eating vertebrates still rely on their appendix to help process plants, the organ is not part of the human digestive system.
What is the smallest bone in human body?
The 3 smallest bones in the human body–malleus, incus, and stapes–are located in the middle ear. At 3 x 5 mm in size, the stapes is the smallest bone in the human body.
What is largest body organ?
Body organs aren’t all internal like the brain or the heart. There’s one we wear on the outside. Skin is our largest organ—adults carry some 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms) and 22 square feet (2 square meters) of it.
Can you live with no brain?
Since it controls vital functions such as breathing, swallowing, digestion, eye movement and heartbeat, there can be no life without it. But the rest of the brain is obviously capable of some remarkable feats, with one part able to compensate for deficiencies in another.